Concrete Semi-submersible – BlueNewables Offshore Solutions
S-bos technology will provide a highly developed solution that will significantly contribute to considerably reduce the manufacturing costs of deep offshore wind. The proposed floating concept is an innovative wind-specific evolution of the semi-sub type floating structure.
- Low fabrication cost due to the use of concrete as the main construction material.
- Easy to industrialize.
- Trouble free formwork.
- Higher construction speed.
- Flat panels facilitating weldability of top panels
- Wide supply chain.
- Promoting local content by focusing on concrete construction.
- Harbour friendly in terms of draught needs.
- Transport in semi-submersible mode with high stability and shallow draft.
- Transport with conventional AHV.
- Wide weather windows for transport and installation.
- Rapid and safe hook-up.
- High installation rates during major part of the year.
- Standard mooring.
- Suitable for a wide range of sites.
- No active ballast system required.
- Well-known installation methodology.
- Robust design, well known and robust technology.
- Maximizing electric production.